Code of Conduct
Locksmiths Guild of Australia Code of Conduct for Security Firms
This Code of Conduct provides guidance for security firm members of the Locksmiths Guild of
Australia Inc (“the Guild”) in the management and conduct of their business.
The objectives of the code are to ensure that high professional standards are maintained, that
relevant Government legislation is complied with, and that the reputations of the Guild and
security industry are enhanced.
Compliance with this Code is a requirement for a security firm to be a member of the Guild.
Where required, security firm members may be audited to ensure compliance is maintained.
Guild members who are security firms must ensure that they and any sub contractors:
- Comply with applicable Federal, State or Territory legislation, in particular the Security
Providers Act and Regulation.
- Act with integrity in their dealings with clients, suppliers, competitors, regulatory authorities and the general public, in particular not engage in false, misleading or deceptive conduct or
otherwise bring the security industry into disrepute.
- Provide a safe work environment, and are appropriately supported in the delivery of services on behalf of the firm as well as being fairly remunerated in accordance with applicable Federal,
State or Territory legislation.
- Deliver security services in a competent and professional manner taking into consideration the
public interest and the need to maintain privacy and confidentiality in their dealings.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records that meet relevant legislative standards to enable
regulatory authorities and the relevant industry association to determine its level of compliance.
- Not engage in or associate with another firm which engages in unethical, improper or illegal
methods to gain business including conflicts of interest.
- Engage in industry best practice in the delivery of services and actively participate in industry
related forums designed to raise the standard of service delivery.
- Have in place procedures to deal appropriately and promptly with complaints about the
provision of their services and actively engage in the resolution of complaints raised with the
association through its complaint management policy.
- Proactively raise breaches of the code of conduct with the Guild where they come to the
attention of the firm.
- Where a breach of the Code of Conduct is brought to the attention of the Guild, the Guild will
raise this with the firm in writing and provide it with the opportunity to remedy the breach in the first instance before taking appropriate disciplinary action by way of a show cause notice why their membership should not be cancelled.
SUNSHINE COAST LOCKSMITH SERVICES
Looking for locks for your home. Sunshine Master Locksmiths service the entire Sunshine Coast from Caloundra to Gympie and everywhere in between.
Full service mobile locksmith for keys, locks and master lock systems on the Sunshine Coast.